Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to Mentor, monitor and measure the performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement.
The first step of IQAC is towards internalization and institutionalization of quality enhancement initiatives and develops a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. It will be a facilitative and participative voluntary system of the institution. The institutions need to channelize its efforts and measures the holistic academic excellence.
IQAC – Vision
To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for the Higher Education Institutions through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic & administrative activities.
- Skilled quality academic/ research programmes;
- Affordable and impartial access of academic programmes for various sections of society;
- Integration of modern methods of teaching and learning to prepare skilled manpower and create employability.
- Establish the credible assessment and evaluation process;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
The University IQAC chaired by the Vice-Chancellor to decide parameters and plans, University annual academic/administrative activities addressing strengths and areas for improvement.
|02.|| Deans/Heads of the Institutions||Member|
|03.||Senior Faculty Members||Member|
|04.||Senior Administrative officer||Member|
|07.||Training and Placements Head||Member|
|08.||Director IQAC||Member Secretary|
Note: The nomination /appointment of the members for two years.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
IQAC at Institution level:
The Institution IQAC chaired by the HOI to Plan Institutional annual academic plans addressing strengths and areas for improvement.
|01.||Head of the Institution||Chairperson|
|03.||Institutional Administrative officer||Member|
|04.||Students and Alumni||Member|
|05.||IQAC coordinator (Faculty Member)||Member Secretary|
- The composition of the Institutional IQAC will depend on the size and complexity of the institution, accordingly the representation of faculty members may vary.
- The nomination /appointment of the members for two years.
- The frequency of the meeting will be at least once in every quarter.
- Two-third of the total members to complete the quorum for the meeting.
- The agenda, minutes and Action Taken Reports are to be documented with official signatures and maintained in Hard copy and electronically.
- The AQAR shall be approved by the statutory bodies of Vikrant University (such as Academic Council, Executive Council) for the follow up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.
- The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities, as well as for hosting the AQAR.