SCHOOL OF PHARMACY
School of Pharmacy covers a broad range of courses
The School of Pharmacy at Vikrant University aims to include a diverse community of scholars who work together and inspire one another in pharmaceutical research, practice, and service with an aim to enhance the quality of life for people globally. The prime objective of school is to provide brand new, cutting-edge facilities to its students that act as a perfect resource for them to learn, grow, and put their ideas into practice. They develop future pharmacists who can meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of patients with ethics and commitment.
The School of Pharmacy has well-equipped laboratories for General Pharmaceutics, Microbiology, Pharmacology and Toxicology as well as Pharmacognosy and Herbal Medicine to provide practical knowledge to the students. The School is under a constant accreditation process and is approved from Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi.
After completing this programme, graduates of the program are able to:
➡️Develop and adopt strategies to apply foundational sciences like pharmaceutical, social, administrative, and clinical to determine therapeutic problems.
➡️Critically analyse scientific findings to improve clinical decision making.
➡️Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to the regulations governing pharmacy practice.
➡️Prepare medications utilising appropriate procedures and accurate calculations.
➡️Have a caring, empathetic, and professional attitude to effectively communicate with all health care professionals, patients, families and caregivers and assess their understanding.
|Diploma in Pharmacy (D Pharm)
|12th Science Stream (PCM, PCB) examination
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm)
|10+2 Science stream with PCB or PCM
- Courses approved by the Pharmacy Council of India.
- A meticulously designed curriculum with deliberations from top professionals and academic bodies with an aim to nurture industry ready employable workforce
- Emphasis on independent thinking, creativity, intellectual thinking, and innovation.
- A highly disciplined and motivated environment with an extensive focus on practical based learning of our students.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) is a 4-year and Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharm) is a 2-year course that helps students learn about the pharmacy field. Pharmacy is important for creating and improving new drugs and medicines. Pharmacists work on making drugs and making sure they are safe and effective.
Jobs in pharmacy are in high demand and can pay well. Getting a degree in pharmacy can help you get good-paying jobs in this field.
The pharmacy industry is divided into different segments, as given below:-
- Community pharmacist
- Hospital pharmacist
- Primary care pharmacist
- Researcher / academic
- Pharmaceutical industry / clinical trials
- Locum pharmacist
- Government and NGO roles
- Military pharmacist
- Mental health pharmacist
- Women’s and newborns’ pharmacist
- Pain educator, program director or consultant
- Drug safety officer
Subjects that will be taught in Pharmacy:
- -Human Anatomy and Physiology
- -Pharmaceutical Analysis
- -Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry
- -Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry
- -Communication skills
- -Remedial Biology
- -Remedial Mathematics
- -Computer Applications in Pharmacy
- -Environmental sciences
- -Physical Pharmaceutics
- -Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- -Pharmaceutical Engineering
- -Medicinal Chemistry
- -Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry
- -Industrial Pharmacy
- -Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- -Herbal Drug Technology
- -Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
- -Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- -Quality Assurance
- -Herbal Drug Technology
- -Instrumental Methods of Analysis
- -Pharmacy Practice
- -Novel Drug Delivery System
- -Biostatistics and Research Methodology
- -Social and Preventive Pharmacy
- -Pharma Marketing Management
- -Pharmaceutical Regulatory Science
- -Quality Control and Standardization of Herbals
- -Computer-Aided Drug Design
- -Cell and Molecular Biology
- -Cosmetic Science
- -Experimental Pharmacology
- -Advanced Instrumentation Techniques
- -Dietary Supplements and Nutraceuticals